Flexible Business Intelligence Across Multiple Data Sources
arcplan plays a central role in enabling our clients to understand and improve their business performance through better decisions and process improvements. arcplan’s software suite enables businesses to improve decision-making by providing thorough visibility into corporate data regardless of where it resides. arcplan is most often deployed to improve management processes such as budgeting, planning and forecasting; financial controlling, consolidation and reporting; sales and marketing management or HR and workforce management with proven bottom line benefits.
arcplan products enable you to deploy business intelligence and analysis applications that meet all of your organizational needs. Its open approach to data connectivity provides direct access to more than 20 data sources in their native environments. arcplan does not require you to extract your data and aggregate content into a proprietary data source. Instead, arcplan products connect directly to numerous relational and multidimensional data sources, like SAP BW, SAP R/3, Oracle, Oracle (Hyperion) Essbase, Oracle (Hyperion) Enterprise, IBM DB2, Microsoft SQL Server, PowerOLAP and other prominent databases.
arcplan software provides the broadest capabilities and greatest flexibility so that IT can truly minimize the dependency on multiple vendors while delivering to the needs of the business community through the following products:
arcplan Enterprise® is a business intelligence reporting and analytics platform. Customers agree that it is the most flexible software available for the rapid creation of custom BI applications like reports, dashboards, ad-hoc analyses, forecasts, etc. With arcplan Enterprise, you deliver actionable, contextual knowledge to decision-makers at every level so that you have the intelligence to understand and change how you operate.
arcplan Enterprise Architecture Overview
Scalable analytics - the foundation for better business performance - often requires an architecture for analyzing multiple data stores simultaneously and delivering the right analysis to the right audience in the right time. arcplan's three-tier architecture is designed to ensure success for even the most robust environments.
The core components of the arcplan Enterprise architecture are:
- arcplan Application Server - This Windows or Unix server provides consistent, centralized analytics for any user, over the web and in real time. It's available as a 32 bit and 64 bit installation
- Data Sources - arcplan communication interfaces provide two-way access to a wide variety of data sources such as ERP, relational databases, OLAP, etc. As write-back is a standard for arcplan interfaces, organizations can create applications that take action, not just monitor.
- Web Services / SOA - arcplan Enterprise is fully SOA-enabled, providing comprehensive web services support for any arcplan analysis. Provider and consumer support for these web services means that arcplan results fit flexibly within your environment.
- arcplan Application Designer - arcplan's development frontend for flexible BI solutions enables organizations to create customized applications through a user-friendly drag-and-drop interface. Any number of charts, graphs, tables, text, and graphics can be combined, creating a unique look and feel for each application.
- Administration Console - IT professionals use the built-in Administration Console to store and manage developed applications. The centralized management eases application distribution and extensions.
Click on the image on the left to access an interactive arcplan dashboard application (please note that installation of Java JRE is required. (download the latest free version of Java JRE)
- Column & Bar
- Line & Point
- Pie & Donut
- Portfolio & Bubble
- Radar & Spider
- Box Plot
- Pareto & Gantt
BIOLAP has also developed a free application for UK Councils to report payments over £500. Read more and try out the applicationead more and try out the application.
arcplan Excel Analytics
arcplan Excel Analytics extends the value of arcplan Enterprise deployments, providing ad-hoc analysis capabilities across multiple data sources in a familiar Microsoft Office environment. Easily scalable across the enterprise, aEA empowers users to further analyse corporate data and write back to the original data sources as needed, while maintaining the security and centralised control demanded by IT.
Common to all arcplan products is the value provided to customers, both at the end-user and IT level:
- Integrate and interact with a multitude of heterogeneous systems within their native environments.
- Unparalleled ability to deliver and go beyond the limitations of other tools, particularly when faced with computationally and analytically complex requirements
- Flexibility to deliver on the exacting and evolving needs of end users, from the executive suite to line-level employees.
- Scalability through an SOA architecture and component-based assembly for the analytic layer.
- Bi-directional (read and write) communication with the data.
- Real-time analytic processing to support the data needs of both the finance and operational teams.
arcplan's enterprise budgeting, planning, and forecasting platform that combines powerful and centralised Excel templates with web-based reporting, dashboards, and workflow. arcplan Edge offers an intuitive, familiar interface for those responsible for the budgeting process, while automating the typically time and labour intensive budget consolidation process.
- Streamline planning cycles and improve the accuracy of forecasting and reporting across your entire organisation.
- Address the complexities of your business while allowing different stakeholders to work in familiar web-based and Excel environments.
- Experience built-in functionality for workflow, scorecards, reports, spreading and allocation, integrated supporting detail, commentary, user management, entity management, and historical comparisons.
The latest addition to the arcplan product suite allows information consumers to fully participate in corporate decision-making. arcplan's next-generation BI application combines traditional BI with proven Web 2.0 communication and knowledge sharing functions, serving the growing space of Collaborative Business Intelligence.
arcplan Engage - formerly known as Project Vega - allows users to tap the wealth of information available in their organization with simple-to-use search functions and lets them access, comment, rate and share their findings on BI analytics, dashboards and other context-relevant information made available within the company's IT systems. Users have been self-trained to use Web 2.0 functionality from platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn and can immediately start using these new modes of communication, collaboration and knowledge sharing within the enterprise using arcplan Engage.
Why not register today for a free 30 day trial of acrplan Enterprise? Also download free resources such as white papers and success stories, or take advantage of our free online webinars to get you started, or contact us for more information about software pricing or about our arcplan based solutions, or call us on +44 (01952) 456-453 or +44 (07785) 766-829